On 2015-06-26, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit --]

> This is the correct latex way for 100 degrees Celsius, I believe:
>       100\,^{\circ}\mathrm{C}

Only in a formula. Even then, you may consider \text instead of \mathrm to
get the normal text font and eventually smaller size (in nested fractions,
e.g.).

In text, you can use the Unicode character 0x2103 which translates to the
macro \\textcelsius.

In both, text and math you can use ° (0x00b0) which LyX translates to
"\\textdegree" or "^\circ.

> \,  is for a certain distance between 100 and ^0
> Is there a shortcut in lyx for achieving it?
> Under
> Symbols>character-like symbols>
> I find
> ^{\circ}\mathrm{C}
> but do I have to enter \,  in tex
> or is "half distance" under formation the correct one?
> (sorry, the English expressions are probably different)

In math mode, pressing the space-bar repeatedly toggles between the various
spaces. Do this until you get the \,-space.

In text, I have the custom shortcut Ctrl-, (the default was said to be
Ctrl-Shift <space> in another reply).

> The best solution would be to have an all over replacement of my

> 100\textcelsius
> by

> 100\,^{\circ}\mathrm{C}
> Possible in Lyx (advanced search and replace)?

I don't know, but possible in a text-editor search-and-replace over the LyX
source file.

Günter