On 07/09/2015 05:19 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Georg Baum
<georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
Benedict Holland wrote:

If you have generated the tex file in Stata, use ERT. It is much easier.
I am curious: What is easier if you include the file via ERT than with a
child document? Note that I do not mean to convert the child document to LyX
format, since LyX also allows to include child documents in LaTeX format.

I suspect this is simply reflects a misunderstanding relating to the
naming of our "Insert > File > Child Document..." menu item. For
example, when answering this question I had to repeatedly look closely
in the Insert menu since I was looking for "Insert > File > TeX
Document...", and there is obviously none such item. Then I looked
several times at External Material, but to my bemusement there was no
TeX entry there. So by trial and error I realized that Child Document
was the winner.

Perhaps we should consider renaming it to something like: "Child
Document (TeX or LyX)"?

I second this suggestion, generally speaking. But perhaps we should really have two different
menu items, or ....?

Richard