Den 22. juli 2015 22:17, skrev Will Parsons:
I've got a document (article class) that gives me an error on trying
to export to PDF if the itemized list nesting level is greater than 4.
Is there a way of increasing that?

Itemize can only be nested to 4 levels - more is not possible. This is a limit of LaTeX, the underlying typesetting system that LyX uses to produce PDF files.

LyX can nest stuff to 6 levels, but at least two levels have to be something other than itemize. They can be enumerate environments instead, for example. (see the userguide for an example of this.) Obviously, this only helps if 5 or 6 levels is enough for your use.

I you need lots of levels, consider using section/subsection/subsubsection as your outermost "levels", and then itemize (and possibly enumerate) as the inner levels.

Helge Hafting