On 09/16/2015 03:37 PM, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 16.09.2015 um 20:49 schrieb Will Parsons <varro@nodomain.invalid>:

On Wednesday, 16 Sep 2015 12:31 PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
On 09/16/2015 10:18 AM, Will Parsons wrote:
I had a working installation of LyX under FreeBSD, but at some point
fairly recently (I'm not sure the exact circumstances), my LyX
installation can't produce PDF files anymore because (almost) all
document classes are marked unavailable.  Googling has been no help -
the common recommendations of running (from LyX) "Tools =>
Reconfigure" and (from the command line) "fmtutil-sys --all" have not
solved the problem.

The document that I am currently working on uses the "article" class,
and under /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base there is a file
"article.cls" (among other *.cls files).  I'm at a loss.  Can anyone
shed light on what might be wrong?

(I've already posted this to a FreeBSD mailing list without success so
far.)
Try running "kspewhich article.cls" first. Is it found?
% kspewhich article.cls
kspewhich: Command not found.
Should be "kpsewhich article.cls" - IMO.

Yes, sorry, typo.

Richard