>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thorsten Fischer)
>>To: lyx-users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: ps files
>>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:50:03 +0100
>>
>>> Hi all!!
>>>
>>> I'm working with windows.
>>> I export pictures from excel let us say... and by using the acrobat =
>>> distiller I save them as ps file.but lyx does not like them,it cannot =
>>> process (view )my ps files...
>>> do u know how to deal with this?
>>> thank you
>>> Antonio
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Antonio Laforgia,
>>>
>>> Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
>>> Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology
>>> London SW7 2BY
>>> +44 (0) 20 7589 5111 EX 55650
>>

>>I had the same problems with ps files generated with the ps-printer-driver
>>from adobe. I found that tool didn't set the page settings right. I could
>>correct this by using psresize of the pstools-package. This package should be
>>available for windows too.
>>
>>Thorsten

 If the concern is about eps inclusion (i.e. less than one page),
the Windows psdrivers include PS command forbidden in eps, besides
exotic stuff before %!PS et after %%EOF, so
 - wipe out these characters
 - use ps2eps to build up eps file
 - filter out the forbidden commands which prevent printing, I found that
 the sed filter
s/^.*setpagedevice.*$//
s/^.*showpage$//
is OK.

Didn't try psresize, but it may perform the same kind of operation.

--
Jean-Pierre