On 11/10/2015 03:54 PM, Jacob Bishop wrote:
I am having a problem. I put \thispagestyle{empty} into my LyX preamble,
expecting it to suppress the page number on the first page (as per the
wiki: http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Numbering#noPageNumberOnFirstPage). It
does not. The page number shows up anyway. Attached is a minimal
example. Does anyone have an idea as to what is happening? I am on Linux
Mint 17 64-bit using LyX 2.1.4 (Friday, July 24, 2015).

The command has to go in a LaTeX code inset (so called ERT). Ctrl+L, type the code, compile
This link above has an example in lyx that works.