On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 01:04:01AM +0100, Cristoforo Demartino wrote:
> I installed LyX 2.1.4. on a Mac with El Capitan. When I insert a pdf or eps
> figure, LyX displays an error in converting the file; accordingly I can't see
> the figure in the software.
> The output PDF is created without any problem.
>
> I was able to start LyX using the command line and this is the error: sh:
> convert: command not found
>
> This is the path:
>
> /Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/texbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/teTeX/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
>
> I obtained the same error using LyX 2.2 beta version.
>
> Can anyone help with this issue?

This issue has been cross-posted in the following places:
http://latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26937&p=92685#p92685
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/281077/lyx-2-1-4-and-el-capitan-error-converting-eps-and-pdf
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=BLU437-SMTP419663D72BCFBF65CAE2AFC30D0%40phx.gbl

Cristoforo, it is important to note all the places where you cross-post.
Imagine a solution is found on e.g. the tex.stackexchange thread you
started. Would you want someone to spend an hour trying to find a
solution when a solution already exists? Listing all the places you
cross-post is a way to avoid this issue.

Best,

Scott