On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Georg Baum
<georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Maria Gouskova wrote:
>
>> This is Mac OS 10.8.5, LyX 2.1.4. I suspect I need to define a
>> converter in Preferences/File handling, but am not having much luck
>> finding the answer anywhere.
>
> Correct. If pdftops is in the path, then LyX should automatically define a
> converter
>
> pdftops -eps -f 1 -l 1 $$i $$o
>
> for conversion from PDF (Graphics) to EPS. This one works fine for me with
> your test file. Which converter do you have configured for PDF (Graphics) to
> EPS conversion?

I didn't have one defined by default for PDF(graphics) at all. When I
added a PDF(graphics) to EPS converter, it defaulted to:

python -tt $$s/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx -c big5 $$i > $$o

Which still produces an aliased PDF.

I tried defining it your way, but it seems that pdftops is not
available on my setup. LyX throws up a non-specific error.

I can't debug this properly since I am away from my other machine,
which has Mac OS 10.9x and (as far as I recall) does not have this
problem. Could be a MacTeX version difference? Or just OS-specific?