Thank you very very much for the bad news! (Just kidding)

Your info is very useful. Seriously. Definetly it is time to renew my
laptop. See you around. Best. Manuel.

El jueves, 21 de enero de 2016, Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> escribió:
> Am 21.01.2016 um 03:42 schrieb MANUEL ANGEL DOMINGUEZ TORIBIO:
>
>> Do you know if I can get an older installer that work on my poor windowXP
>> operating system. Thanks a lot for your help. m.
>
> As I wrote, this is not possible. For example MiKTeX (the a LaTeX
program) does no longer work with WinXP (this is why you get the Win API
error). other programs that are used by LyX show the same behavior.
> You can also not install LyX using an older LyX installer because it
would try to install LaTeX packages needed by LyX. But as the LaTeX
programs don't work on WinXP this would fail and LyX would be unusable.

> Sorry, WinXP is dead!
>
>> PS: Problem is not the price of a Windows 7 update. This I can do. The
>> problem is that my laptop is 1.5 RAM and I think windows 7 will not run
>> properly on it.
>
> Theoretically you only need 1 GB RAM but my experience is that one needs
2 GB. It should be possible to replace the RAM bar in your laptop with ones
with more size.
> You say that you have 1.5 GB RAM. This is strange because that means that
you have 2 RAM bars, one with 1 GB one with 0.5 GB. This would result in
low performance if both bars don't have the same size.

> In case you cannot change the RAM bars I recommend to buy a new laptop.
They are cheap at the moment (about 500 € for an excellent one with 13 inch
screen) and you then get Win 7 for free on top.

> Of you want to stay with your old laptop, you must switch to Linux. As a
beginner I would use this Linux distribution: