Am 22.01.2016 um 02:00 schrieb Myriam Abramson:

Yes, I've done that. It's in the arxiv instructions. But I still get
the same error: the images are not included.

Have you included the PDF images in LyX like normal images? Maybe they check for the image file extension. Did you use hyperref in LyX? it seems that they want this. This would also check the graphics driver automatically and this is what they might do.

Nevertheless the idea of arxiv is to be user friendly and LaTeX is THE standard on arxiv. so I am wondering that nobody from the arxiv people can help you.

regards Uwe