Dear Philip,
Respect! I am truly very grateful to you for resolving this problem! I will revert to you after implementing your advice! I think I am going to add the respective piece of code to Local Layout of the main document as I am reluctant to change something in classicthesis-config.tex. I also learned that my desperate amateurish attempts to find the cause would have lead to nowhere. Thanks to you and your peers in the world of Open Source for such continuous willingness in helping the users.

Re: using Jürgen's modules in classicthesis-LyX-v4.1
He asked me to send a mini example file which I will do within the next days. Perhaps there is a similar cause because I can use those modules in KOMA-Script documents whereas in classicthesis Latex already complains after I did nothing else but adding csquotes to the list of Modules and then tried to compile.

Michael Berger