On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 06:57:14AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 05:58:04PM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:
> >> Am Donnerstag, 14. April 2016 um 09:52:17, schrieb Neal Becker
> >> <ndbeck...@gmail.com>

> >> Works here. The bindings are in menus.bind. Both (emacs.bin and cua.bind)
> >> include this file.
> >
> > Similarly, consider using the menus. The relevant entries are
> > Edit > Start New Environment (...)
> > Edit > Start New Parent Environment (...)
> >
> > Choose the one where "(...)" is "(Frame)"
> >
> > Scott
>
> Does lyx have any introspection capability, something like emacs describe-
> key-briefly (C-h C-k)?  Also whereis (C-h w).  These are very helpful for
> understanding bindings.  I want to know why M-p Enter is saying 'command
> disabled'.

Note that it being disabled is equivalent to the menu entry being greyed
out. To know the exact reason why the command is disabled and the menu
entry is greyed out, you would need to read the getStatus() method for
that particular LFUN being run. If you are very interested, grep the LyX
source files for "LFUN_ENVIRONMENT_SPLIT".

I think a better approach would be to provide a minimal example .lyx
file, tell us exactly where to put the cursor, and ask why the menu
entries in Edit regarding starting a new environment or parent
environment are greyed out.

Scott