On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 30.05.2016, 11:02 +0200 schrieb UD:
>> Thanks a lot--  I have now upgraded to 2.2 without issues.  Now if I
>> could only get the Lyx icons on my Yoga 2 Pro HiDPI to be a little
>> bigger so I could actually see them, I might even be happy!
>
> Try right-click on the toolbar and select "Huge" or "Giant". (This
> should not be needed IMHO, LyX should scale the icons appropriately if
> HiDPI is detected, but this is unfortunately not the case).
>
> Note also that, with Linux, you might need to pass a specific value to
> activate Qt's HiDPI support via .profile
>
> depending on your Qt version it is either
>
> export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1
> (as of Qt 5.6)
>
> or
>
> export QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=auto
> (Qt 5.4 and 5.5)

I've now prepared a "LyX Qt5 (release)" specifically for packages of
LyX built against Qt5 >=5.5.1 :
https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/ubuntu/release-qt5

For now only Xenial packages are available. Older Qt5 releases have
significant problems with LyX, so older Ubuntu distros are not
supported.

Those who need HiDPI support please check the packages (they will
replace your current Qt4 builds) and report on the list if you
encounter issues.

Regards,
Liviu

--