On 03.06.2016 17:02, Richard Heck wrote:
On 06/03/2016 09:39 AM, PhilipPirrip wrote:
On 06/02/2016 06:49 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
In principle, yes. The styles are defined in modules, such as
natbib.module, and you could add more styles to that module, say. But
the syntax is not documented outside the code, so you'll have to figure
it out, more or less.

I had no idea this was possible.
Can you help a little more, Richard: is adding more styles only
possible by extending natbib.module (where should that file be saved?)
or is it possible to add a totally new module for, say, some other
engine. I'm thinking of having one for biblatex citation styles, that
would be added to natbib and jurabib.

I am not completely sure. I believe right now that you can only extend
or alter the existing modules (and this is kind of unofficial, which is
why it isn't properlyl documented). But the modularization of this stuff
was work done towards biblatex support.

I assume that, like any module, these should be saved to the layouts/
subdirectory of the user directory.

Richard

Yes, just the same place as the other user defined modules.

And it seems like one can only alter modules since the options for the Format in Document > Settings... > Bibliography seem hard-coded. But if one uses biblatex anyway that might not be a big problem.

I guess the idea could be to add a biblatex option and a biblatex.module that supports all standard biblatex cite* commands?

Daniel