Hi all,

The short symptom description is "Lyx 2.081 can't build PDF files if
Document->Settings-Fonts->Use_non_tex_fonts is checked.

This happens on LyX 2.081 (Ubuntu LTS 14.04). Because this is a special
Qemu host, upgrading the distro provided LyX would be an extreme
hardship.

Here's how to reproduce it with 2.081. I couldn't reproduce it on a
(kind of broken) LyX 2.1.4 setup:

Make a new LyX document. It defaults to the article document class,
which is fine: This problem happens on the book document class too.
Type in four or five words, save, and Ctrl+R. It produces a document,
just like expected.

Then, check Document->Settings->Fonts->Use_non_tex_fonts. Go back and
Ctrl+R again, and this time it fails with the following error messages:

Package fontenc Error: Encoding file `eu2enc.def' not found
LaTeX error: Encoding scheme `EU2' unknown.
LaTeX error: File `xunicode.sty' not found.

Apparently this was fixed in later versions, but this VM guest is
mission critical and I can't go messing with it. Could somebody please
tell me what you did to overcome this issue in 2.081 (or similar)?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb