F M Salter <fmsalter <at> blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Hi
>     I am attaching a small table which  produces erroneous output.
>
>     1.  mathematical symbol  m in headings
>     2.  non-alignment of decimal points
>
> Any suggestions?

The second problem is easily fixed: enter the numbers in the table as plain
text, not as inline math. I think the math insets prevent detection of the
separator (decimal point).

The first problem is harder, and might be a bug in LyX. If you turn on View
> Source and set it to show the LyX source code, you'll see cells marked
multirow="3" and multirow="4". I have no idea why. If you switch to LaTeX
source, you will see the extra $m$ being inserted (again, no idea why).

Paul