Dear Hermann Josef,

I fixed a bug like this in 2.2. I would advise you to try 2.2 from the PPA https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/ubuntu/release .

Sincerely,
Guillaume

Le 08/06/2016 08:06, Hermann J. Eckl a écrit :
Hello,

I am using Lyx since several years with different Linux distributions
(Ubuntu, Debian Jessie 8.x etc.).

Currently I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - and am facing a very strange
an annoying problem: I have difficulties to select longer or even shortes
pieces of text with the keyboard or mouse.

If I am trying to select some text, the selection captures only short
passages and fails after some words or paragraphs, regardless of whether I
am selecting with the mouse or with keyboard shortcuts. ALl other programmes
(text editor, Libre Office etc.) are working correctly and I can select text
withput any problems.

I am facing this problem with at least 4 computers, all of them have
installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and LyX 2.1.4. I am running another machine with
Debian 8.x and have no problems at all. Of course I have tried different
keyboards and mice, I have also reinstalled Lyx and TexLive and I have
deleted my old Lyx configuration files.

I would very much appreciate all hints and tips to solve this problem.

Yours, Hermann Josef