On 06/08/2016 04:59 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 06/08/2016 04:07 AM, Johannes Böttcher wrote:
Hi LyX users,

this is Johannes from LaTeX-community.org and we have a LyX subforum
[1]. Unfortunately, we have more LyX questions than LyX users to
answer them.
If you like LyX and like to help people to use LyX, maybe you could
come by for a little visit once in a while and see if you can answer
something. We would really appreciate it.

We also get questions about LyX on stack exchange. It makes it hard to
keep up. In some ways, I'd prefer you NOT have a LyX subforum and just
direct people to the mailing list.

Alternatively---here's a crazy idea---we could suspend the mailing list
and send people to the forum....

Richard

Hi Richard,

thanks for answering. I somehow feel we do need to have a subforum for LyX, considering that the same page that leads users to the mailing list is the same site that leads people to LaTeX-community. [1] I became a member on LC at a much later point, i don't know why the LyX subforum was created.

Sometimes i lead the OPs to the mailing list, but i honestly can't do this for all. Some questions i can answer by simple LaTeX code, but i can't tell them which button to press.

Best regards
Johannes