Again, the environment is LyX-2.2.0 on Slackware-14.1

  The current presentation has several slides with two minipages: the left
one with text and the right one with a figure (see attached). I spend a lot
of time trying to get both centered on the slide without success. There must
be something I'm doing incorrectly despite reading the built-in beamer
manual.

  For the attached figure, in the minipage settings dialogs I have the
vertical alignment for the left side Content set to Middle and the Box set
to Bottom. For the right side, the vertical alignment is Top for both
Content and Box.

  Any time I change any value the alignment changes for the worst. A pointer
on how to align text minipage and figure minipage so the contents of each
are vertially aligned in the center of each will be much appreciated.

Rich