Hi, First let me say I'm addicted to LyX for composing almost anything I care
about.
It helps keep me from fat fingering multiple spaces between words etc... And
lets me set screen
font sizes I can see without my reading glasses even when the targeted output
font sizes are
too small for my eyes WITH the glasses... The list goes on and on... Thanks!

However my problem with the spellchecker dialog's keybindings have More to do
with my
own dexterity issues that have always made using the mouse difficult at best.
And with carpel
tunnel issues that often make mouse based methods painful. {Don't know why I'm
able to keyboard
for hours before my hands go numb, but the mouse can do it in just a few
minutes. But the
result is I'm addicted to keyboard shortcuts and keyboard accessible menu based
methods.

When I use the spellchecker in LyX and the word I'm looking for is in the
sUggestions list I'm
very happy cause there is no conflict for the {alt}+{u} shortcut that lets me
use the cursor
keys to select it and {Enter} to apply the spelling correction.

But if I need to tell it to ignore an instance where a character in a story is
being quoted as
saying something not in the dictionary lists {Think Homer Simpson saying "Doh"}
That I may want
to Ignore. Or perhaps I wanted to use an unusual word such as hisself instead
of himself
because it's "In character" for the character being quoted and wish to aDd it
to my word list.
And while I never use it, the same problem exists for the "Find next" button.

Lately my problems with mouse operation have been getting worse:

It can take me over a minute to maneuver the "dag nabbed" rodent pointing
device over the correct
"durned" button... And the button keybindings indicated by the underscored
character on the
button label (AKA: {alt}+{f}, {alt}+{i} and {alt}+{d}) instead activate the
File, Insert or
Document menu choices... {sigh}

So I was hoping there was a way to selectively change the keybindings on those
buttons to
something that doesn't conflict with the menu bar bindings.

I use the standard user interface with the cua bind file.

I've looked in Tools > Preferences > shortcuts and the only spellchecker
related shortcut I can
find is the {F7} to start the spellchecking function {which I do NOT want to
change}

Even though more advanced methods {if any} of modifying LyX's keybindings are
beyond my
understanding, I've looked for clues in Help > LyX Functions, Help > Shortcuts
without
finding anything that looks like the add word or ignore word spellchecker
button functions to me.

I also did a less /usr/share/lyx/bind/cua.bind

But I didn't see anything that looked like it there either.

I probably should mention that I multi-boot three different Linux distros that
share the
same data partition with whichever version of LyX is in their repos.  Only one
of them
is bleeding edge enough to have lyx 2.2.x The other 2 have LyX 2.1.x. And since
one of
the reasons I multi-boot is I've been known to to bork an installed Linux so
bad that it can
take me weeks to get X running again and it's such a pain to remember to
lyx2lyx the updated
*.lyx back to lyxformat 474 {while hoping I didn't accidentally use some new
feature that
doesn't convert back cleanly} THEN until either Mageia or Opensuse add LyX
2.2.x to their repos
I'll avoid using LyX in my rolling release antiX installation in favor of the
LyX 2.1.x
installed to my Mageia Linux or my Opensuse Leap Linux installations.

Usually Opensuse Leap where it's currently LyX 2.1.5...

Is there a reliable way to "push" those buttons with the
keyboard????????????????

I don't know if it matters but a LONG time ago I selected to run the
spellchecker in the
{docked?} sidebar instead of free floating because I need to actually see the
context to for
example notice if it's Homer saying "Doh" or an actual typo, and using the
mouse to move the
floating spellchecker dialog out of the way is even more difficult than getting
the {expletive
deleted} rodent to point at the button long enough for my hands to click on
it...

Thanks

--
   Joe Philbrook   <jtw...@gmx.com>   (:-0%