Every now and then I have a look at www.lyx.org to see if new versions are
pending, and since there are no release announcements at the moment, I assume
that means there's still time to work in features for 2.0.  If so, I have
some humble petitions for the developer gods.

* a GUI plugin for TeX font installation (probably not very practical, since
everyone seems to tar fonts in a different way, but it would be so-o-o nice!).

* a menu command/icon for /fbox, /framebox or some variation thereof;

* ditto for more special characters such as copyright, TM, Euro etc. ;

* exploitation of the multicols package (users often have to have only one
section in columns, and for your average user, typing in LaTeX is out of the
question);

* making the table creation popup a bit more "wizardly" (OK, _I_ never use
flashy tables, but a lot of people seem addicted to them);

* filters for CSV spreadsheets;

* filters for RTF (personally I think RTF sucks, but it's a good way to
communicate with Word users);

* filters for KOffice components (shouldn't be as hard as other office
suites, since they're basically variants of XML).

These are less for my own purposes (LyX already does 95% of what I need, and
I can do the rest by using LaTeX commands or switching to KWord for tricky
frame-type stuff) but rather to make LyX more useful/friendly for new users,
particularly those hung up on Word/WordPerfect/SO.

Robin