On 25/10/2016 1:54 p.m., Cris Fuhrman wrote:

On Friday, 21 October 2016, Wierdl Máté <wierdlm...@gmail.com
<mailto:wierdlm...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    So then what is the recommended PDF previewer for LyX on Windows 10

I use Sumatra PDF. LyX can be configured for it with synctex for forward
and backward search. https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/SyncTeX#toc2 That feature
is a huge help with the non WYSIWYG aspect of TeX.

The instructions on the wiki are admirably clear. Having followed them, I find, with LyX 2.2.2 and SumatraPDF v.3.1.2 64 bit, that the checkbox Synchronize with output in Document>Settings>Output seems to have no effect, one way or the other. Forward and inverse search work irrespective of whether it is set or not.

Andrew

---