On 10/26/2016 06:29 AM, Joel Kulesza wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 8:39 PM, UD <ehud.kap...@gmail.com> wrote:

But what I observe is that it spreads the items on the slide so as to occupy the entire height of the slide, even if there are only two items in the itemized list, so there is a huge, ugly space between them.  If that is the default, it is faulty. However, I suspect that I am doing something wrong, since it is hard to imagine that this is what the Beamer creators had in mind.

I haven't seen the large spacing you're referring to in my other times using Beamer.  On the contrary, I see the attached behavior using rather vanilla settings.  Is there a customization somewhere that is affecting the spacing you're observing?

Note that I included itemized (bulleted) and enumerated (numbered) lists, as it isn't clear from the earlier emails which is truly causing the problem.

I searched for an offending customization, but could not find it so far.  Your example works fine for me, as did many others of my own in the past, so for the time being it is a mystery.  Stay tuned....

EK

-