On 10/27/2016 12:10 PM, Mario D wrote:
Hi all,

I have a file on which I am currently working. It compiled fine under lyx 2.2.1. Today I upgraded to lyx 2.2.2 and compiling the very same file results in an error which I previously didn't experience.
The error is as follows:

Undefined control sequence

Let $\sigma\left(f\right)\coloneqq

f\left(x_{\sigma\left(1\right)}...

The control sequence at the end of the top line

of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have

misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct

spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,

and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

In other words, the control sequence \coloneqq which was previously known to lyx, is not known any longer.

What is happening?

TIA

I just type \coloneqq in a math inset in LyX 2.2.2 and LyX recognized it (but pdflatex bombed on it with the same error you saw). So I went to Document > Settings > Math Options and changed "mathtools" from "Load automatically" to "Load always", and the document compiled. Maybe LyX lost the ability to recognized that \coloneqq requires mathtools (or one of a few other packages)?

Paul