On 07.11.2016 23:12, Julio Rojas wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to have a long and wide table in such a way that allows me
to optimize the space on my document. I tried rotating a longtable, but
an error was produced. Then I defined my longtable and used the
"pdflscape", which produced a rotated page with a non-rotated table. Is
there an easy way to produce a rotated longtable in Lyx? Or should I
produce table in LaTeX code?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Julio,

So you want to rotate the content only on one of your pages, right? Otherwise you could just use Document->Settings->Page Layout->Landscape.

For only one page with a rotated table I had no problems with using

\usepackage{pdflscape}

in the Preamble and an ERT with

\begin{landscape}

before and

\end{landscape}

after the table. Notice that for it to work you have to disable Landscape in the document Settings. (Otherwise you get a double-rotation.)

If it does not work maybe you can send an example file.

Daniel