On Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:22:17 PM BRST Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Yes, this is an error from bibtex's point of view: you are not supposed
> to enter more than one \bibliographystyle or \bibliography command, but
> this happens for each bibtex inset you insert.
>
> BibTeX errors were not caught in previous versions of LyX.
>
> On the command line, you get the error as well, although you probably
> haven't noticed it.

It's not quite like that.  If I run bibtex for each child individually, the
bbl's are generated
without a hitch.  The error comes when I bibtex'ed the main file.
Your bibtexall script does not distinguish between the master and children
aux's and
processes them all, without issuing any message to the console.  Where is the
standard error output in this case?

> Hitting the "Show output anyway" button should give you the PDF.

Indeed it does, at least for this small sample.

> Working around the error would require a proper chapterbib support in
> LyX. The better way would probably to switch to biblatex, which
> provides the same (and more) functionality.

I never used biblatex, but I'll take a look and try to come up with an
equivalent
implementation.

Thanks.

--