On 03/28/2017 09:13 AM, Joel Kulesza wrote:
Colleagues,

Is there a recommended method to insert a glyph for a blackboard (or blackboard-bold) 1?

I've tried \mathbb in math-mode, but then when I insert "1", I instead get a \mathbb{1}.

I'd like to follow convention and use this to denote the "indicator function."

For example, see the attached results where either are acceptable to me.

Thank you,
Joel
I don't know about "recommended", but this works for me:

1. Install the bbm package.
2. In the preamble, add \usepackage{bbm}.
3. In the math inset, type \mathbbm, then \{ to get an inset for the argument, and type 1 for the argument. LyX does not recognize \mathbbm as a math command, so it won't appear on the toolbars and LyX won't autocomplete the command for you while typing.

Paul