On Wed, 5 Apr 2017, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

The .lyx file is text, so you could use something like sed, or open it in
a text editor and do a global S&R.

Paul,

  Duh! Of course. Having switched from LaTeX in emacs to LyX I first think
to use the GUI rather than emacs. Of course, I do most writing and data
munging in emacs so I have no excuse.

FWIW, I typically uses relative paths to figures. On something I'm working
on now, there's an "images" subfolder in its home folder, and so figures
refer to "images/<filename>". As long as I keep the images folder together
with the document in a move, I shouldn't need to update anything.

  I, too, put figures in an images/ subdirectory, but sometimes there are
more than one of those when the document integrates multiple subjects (e.g.,
spatial, biological, chemical, and statistical).

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :-)

Regards,

Rich