On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 10:48:28AM +0200, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> This might not be of interest to the readers of the lyx-users list, perhaps
> it could be forwarded to the developers, if of importance at all.
>
> I got with lyx-2.3.0alpha1-1 under Debian

How did you install lyx-2.3.0alpha1-1?

Note that your backtrace below would be more useful if you had the debug
symobls installed.

> a crash with the following output
> (see below). What I did, was, that i had changed a figure which was already
> inserted in a figure float. Nothing serious for me, since the lyx file was
> recovered and everything worked fine again.

Thanks for testing, Wolfgang. This is definitely important. Indeed
please send future such emails to lyx-devel.

The big question is: are you able to reproduce the crash? i.e. if you do
the same steps you did, do you get the crash again?

> If this matters: I have started the newly installed lyx-2.3.0alpha1-1 by
> using src/lyx, since I have 2.2.0 running besides.

Are they sharing the same user directory? That might not be a good idea.

Scott