I recently asked how I can get a section symbol (that funny doubled-up
's'-looking thing) into a bibtex database. I should have made my question a bit
more general than that. Problem is, I just don't know how to get that symbol
-anywhere-.

The answer to my question was, "Maybe using latin1 input encoding and typing in
the symbol ?"

My keyboard does not have a key with that symbol on it. No key combination I
try produces it.

I used a font viewer to try to find the font that includes the symbol. For each
font, I typed every key combination. Nothing produced the symbol.

I do have encoding in set to Latin1 in LyX. But I can't "just type the symbol"
if I don't know what keys to press.

Clearly, the answer is supposed to be obvious. Nevertheless, I need a
useful answer, or at least a helpful clue.