On 06/20/2017 06:25 PM, David Pesetsky wrote:
> Thank you for your detailed reply (and hello)!  Your suggestion to add
> "comma" to /[...]Class Options>Custom/ works very well, thank you!
>
> But no matter what I put after \setcitestyle (or where I locate the
> command in the document -- preamble, body), I get an error message
> from Lyx — for example:
>
>> \setcitestyle
>> {notesep={: }}
>> The control sequence at the end of the top line
>> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
>> misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
>> spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
>> and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
>
> It's not worth chasing down this problem to the ends of the earth, but
> if you have any troubleshooting suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.

Very odd. The \setcitestyle command is defined by natbib.sty, and you
said you were using natbib, yes?  (It did not exist before version 8 of
natbib, but that was about a decade ago.) What OS are you using? Do you
know what LaTeX distribution you have? Actually, maybe a better questin
is: What document class are you using?

If you could produce as small a file as possible that causes this to
happen and post that, then it will help debug the issue.

Richard