On 2017-07-31, Michael Berger wrote:

> Hi Günter,

> let me recall: with 'Tools > Reconfigure' done I still see
> in 'Documents > Settings > Bibliography > Bibliography Generation >
>  > Processor'

>       * bibtex
>       * bibtex8

> wheras I should have

>       * biber
>       * bibtex
>       * bibtex8

> Is 'biber' installed or not: see the screenshot

The screenshot and it does not help. I don't have any idea about Mageia6.

But if reconfigure does not make "biber" appear, biber is not installed---at
least not in at a place where LyX can find it.

> I have Mageia 6, KDE

You may try in a terminal the commands `biber --help`
and `which biber` to see whether it works and where it is installed (if it
is).

Ultimatively, you should look for help with someone knowing Mageia and TeX
at Mageia.

Günter