On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 12:07:45AM +0000, David Pesetsky wrote:
> I see — the discussion seems to have gotten a bit confused around eight years
> ago, but the discussion around three years ago hits the nail on the head.  It
> should work this way in "replace all", and not in simple find or
> find-replace.

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback!

> I am not a member of the Lyx team, obviously, so not part of that discussion

You don't have to be a core member of the LyX development team to participate in
the discussion. In fact, many great ideas come from non-developers. We
absolutely rely on them to improve LyX. To participate, all you have to do is
register at

    https://www.lyx.org/trac/register

I'm not saying you should participate in this particular discussion, since your
thoughts seem well-represented by the discussion three years ago, but I did want
to make clear that everyone is encouraged to participate in any discussion.

> — but could you or someone revive the discussion on my behalf (as I see
> someone did for some other user)?

I added a link on the ticket to your email, and emphasized that this could lead
to data loss. Even a little bump of the ticket like this can sometimes lead to
more work on it.

Thanks for your feedback, please keep it coming!

Scott