On 08/12/2017 03:26 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

  I selected buffer-export with the chord Ctrl-X H, clicked modify, and
added ' pdf2'. Clicked the OK and Save buttons.

When I tested it the status bar said, 'don't know how to export format.'
But, ... changing ' pdf2' to ' pdflatex' works.
Curious. Your setup must be a tad nonstandard. I tested it at my end (using " pdf2") and it worked. In the list of file formats (under preferences) on both my machines, pdf2 is "shorthand" for "PDF (pdflatex)". That's a LyX default, not something I screwed with.

Paul