On 08/17/2017 05:13 PM, Shieh, Sanford wrote:

On Win7 it seems not to be only the colon. I have three other bind file weirdnesses

\bind       "C-S-%" "unicode-insert 00A7" # section sign

\bind       "C-'" "unicode-insert 0027" # dumb right single quote

\bind       "'" "quote-insert single" # smart single quote

The latter two I did because I wanted to have the ' key act as a smart single quote. The results are however:

So I still have to use the dialog box to do these bindings.

The smart single quote is really weird, and I don’t understand quite what I did in the dialog box to get the right result, but here’s what it looks like:

Again, punctuation marks need to be spelled out in the bind file. Try "C-S-percent", "C-apostrophe" and "apostrophe" respectively.

Mind you, I have no idea why LyX chokes on punctuation marks in the key combination specifications of the bind file, but that seems to be what is happening.

Paul