Hi

Thanks for replying. Ctrl-R does pdflatex. Attached is the tex file produced by exporting from lyx, and I get the same error by running pdflatex directly on it. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 with everything upto date.

By the way the error still happens if the superscripts are removed, it seems to be the \dots that are causing the problem.

Cheers