In 2.2.x one could have a branch in a child doc that is activated only when the
child doc is compiled, and not when the master is. How is this done in 2.3?
Right-clicking on the child branch inset yields a "Deactivate branch in Master"
option, but after clicking it and saving the child doc the branch is still
active when the master doc is compiled.  Attached is an MWE, a master mwe.lyx,
two children mwe1.lyx and mwe2.lyx, together with mwe.bib.  Unless I deactivate
the child branches altogether, I end up with 3 sets of bibliographies and
indices when viewing the master.

Sanford Shieh
Associate Professor
Department of Philosophy