On 09/25/2017 12:51 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
Some time in the past I modified the KOMA-letter version 2 template to
suit my needs. Not by modifying the template itself, but using selected
elements for a letter which I then copy and modify for new letters. This has
worked well until today.

  At the top of the document is a Logo environment using the company logo as
a .pdf file. It shows in the .lyx document but not when I do a preview or
pdflatex compilation.

  Just after the preamble in the .lyx file is the Logo:

\begin_body

\begin_layout Logo
\begin_inset Graphics
    filename /home/rshepard/documents/templates/llc-letterhead.pdf
    width 100text%
    BoundingBox 80bp 100bp 520bp 250bp
    clip

\end_inset

\end_layout

  I'm at a loss to know where to start looking for the reason and need some
ideas from the experts here.

TIA,

Rich

Try starting LyX from a terminal with the "-dbg graphics" flag, open and view the document, and see if it spits up an error message. (I assume you've already checked the LaTeX log for signs of an implosion.)

Paul