On 10/11/2017 05:35 PM, Carlos Knauer wrote:
Hi.

Is there way to I put an animated GIF in a LyX document ? For exemplo an image of one spinor rotating. Is it possible ? How ?

Thanks,

Carlos Fernando Knauer

As far as I know, inserting an animated GIF in a LyX document is no different than inserting an ordinary GIF. The problem comes after you compile the document. If you compile to HTML, with the intent of having it viewed in a web browser, I suspect you will be okay (although I've never tried it). If you compile to PDF, I'm fairly certain it will not work. I don't think the PDF specification supports animated GIFs, and so I don't think that PDF viewers will. The general consensus on the web seems to be that you would need to convert the GIF to a movie format and embed that. Most posts I saw suggest either MOV or SWF (Flash).

Paul