On 12/17/2017 01:00 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
Running lyx-2.2.3 on slackware-14.2.

  I want to insert a new frame between two existing frames.

  Using ctrl-alt-return inserts a new frame but without the frame title
environment on that line.
I have Ctrl-Alt-Return mapped to "call newframe". If I position the cursor at the end of the last line of the preceding frame (regardless of the depth of that line) and play that chord, LyX inserts a separator, starts a new frame with title, and positions the cursor in the title inset. This is also with LyX 2.2.3, on Linux Mint.

To what have you mapped C-A-R?

Paul