On 01/02/2018 12:19 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
The draftwatermark package's doc shows the default lightness of the text
as 80% and that it is specified by a real number between 0 and 1. I set it to 0.4 (or 0.6) and see no difference from the default 0.8. Perhaps I have
the syntax wrong. Here are the pertinent lines in the preamble:

\usepackage{draftwatermark}
\SetWatermarkAngle{45}
\SetWatermarkFontSize{4cm}
\SetWatermarkLightness{0.2}
\SetWatermarkText{DRAFT}

  A sample page is attached. I want to learn how to use this package.

Regards,

Rich

Works fine for me (pdflatex, article class). Smaller argument values produce darker watermarks; and argument value of 1 makes the watermark invisible.

If it's not working for you, maybe something else in your document is interfering. Might be time for a MWE.

Paul