On 01/07/2018 12:02 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
It has been several years since one of my documents has included a table
so I don't recall how to set the horizontal alignment of a cell separate
from the alignment of the entire column.

  A column of text should be left aligned, but the heading should be
centered. Similarly, a column decimal aligned should have the column header
centered.

  I've not found a menu or table setting allowing me to do this. I also did
not see a solution in Chapter 2 (Tables) of the Embedded Tools document.

  A pointer is needed.

Rich
To muck with the alignment of a single cell, park the cursor in the cell, right-click, select "Columns/Rows" and mark the cell Multicolumn. Then right-click again and change the alignment. Normally that change would apply to the entire column, but in a multicolumn cell it applies only to the "grouped" cell(s).

I think this can be sussed out of the description of multicolumn cells in the Embedded Objects manual, but I don't think it's all that easy to find if you don't know where to look.

Paul