The problem is that you can use the package
bbold (usepackake{}) which provides different different
characters.
Then the displayed characters are different from the printed one (with
pdflatex).

It does not seem very logical.

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdu...@gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France