Rich, this is indeed annoying and one must wonder why this reappears again and again although one does not at all uses such "outdated font commands".

Fortunately, there is an easy cure.:

In > Document > Class > Custom add this: enabledeprecatedfontcommands

You find this cure if you scroll further down in the Description Window of your Error Message.

Michael