On 02/14/2018 05:50 AM, elloh van wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just installed LyX version 2.2.3 on my laptop but when I wanted to see my output in other formats, i. e., View[PDF(pdflatex)], the pdflatex gives the following error message:

"LyX: LaTeX failed
the external program pdflatex finished with an error.
It is recommended you fix the cause of external progam's error (check the logs)".

Please what should I do to overcome the problem ?
Hope to hearing from you soon.

After you get this message, click Document > LaTeX Log to view the log. Use the Next Error button to click through the errors. If you do not understand them, try posting them here.

Paul