On Wednesday 11 April 2001 17:50, Herbert Voss wrote:

> try in latex preamble
>
> \AtBeginDocument{\setlength{\rightskip}{0cm plus 0.5cm}}
>
> Herbert

Tried it. It works, too. Thanks a lot! It works on any text, though. Ideally,
I'd like to have something that I can turn on and off within my document.

I've done some searching, meanwhile, and have come across a LaTeX package
called "raggedright" that claims to offer this. It defines a new environment
called FlushLeft that has hyphenation, and the "roughness" of the border can
be adjusted via variables.

It was written for LaTeX 2.09, though. I'll see if I can make it work.

Cheers

Kaspar

--

Kaspar Pflugshaupt