I have been using MikTeX on Windows and very happy with it.

Easy to istall, easy to handle…

Updating, installing new packages, package maintenance, I had no major problem.

Occasionally, when there is an update or change in MikTeX system it gives error
but in a day or so it is always fixed.

It gives the impression that the maintainer is always on top it.

I have used MikTex with WinEdt, Texmaker and Lyx and had no issue.

I have also used my own macros and was easy to install.

I did not use the other TeX systems but if you chose MikTeX you will not be
sorry for general use.

B. Erkus