On 03/13/2018 06:23 AM, Anthony wrote:

I am trying to use maths inline mode inside a cell in the tabular environment.

It won’t compile.

If I use the simple ctrl-M and type each line of maths separately then I can compile the Lyx File.

I have attached my Lyx file and the error log.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Anthony

This is a LaTeX issue. There's a workaround, but it's a bit clunky. You can insert a parbox in the table, then insert the math in the parbox. That's easy enough, but then you have to set the width of the parbox manually and fiddle endlessly with the vertical alignment of both the parbox and the cell to the right of it to get things to line up pleasingly. See the modified version attached here.

Paul