On 03/14/2018 01:52 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Using LyX 2.1.4, when I paste text using "Paste Special" into a LyX-Code
block, blank lines are preserved in the LyX display.

Bruce,

  Have you tried a newer version, e.g., 2.2.3 or 2.3.0rc2?

Rich
I think this behavior is pretty consistent across versions (give or take whether the blank line appears to be preserved during pasting). I also think the end result (no blank line in the code listing) is expect LaTeX behavior. Possibly someone could request a feature enhancement in LyX where LyX would look for empty lines in the clipboard and insert line breaks in them to preserve them. I'm not sure whether that would be generally desirable or not.

As far as the best way to insert a blank line, I usually stick in an unbreakable space (ctrl-space), or use ctrl-Enter to put in a manual line break. I don't know if there is an "official" LaTeX-ish way to preserve empty lines.

Paul