I'm testing 2.3.0 on my Ubuntu VM (didn't want to break my Windows install)
with a document that has a lot of PlantUML files (which have a custom
conversion rule to SVG that works well most of the time).

One of the files has some embedded HTML in it, and LyX seems to decide
(despite the .plantuml extension and conversion rule) to process it has an
html_table extension.

I tracked down the log messages whenever I try to reload the image. Note
the fact that it gets some mime type of *text/html* and having determined
the content, it ignores the extension (and thus the rule). This seems like
a bug.

13:38:01.770: (graphics-reload)graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (421): Converting
> it to  format.
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (391):
> [CacheItem::Impl::convertToDisplayFormat]
> Attempting to convert image file:
> /home/cfuhrman/Documents/mgl843-notes-de-cours/figures/RFC_example.plantuml
> with displayed filename:
> ~/Documents/mgl843-notes-de-cours/figures/RFC_example.plantuml
> Format.cpp (438): got format from MIME type: text/html -> html_table

Here's what a successful reload of a .plantuml image reloads as. You'll
note that the *getFormatFromContents* first fails before it uses the file
extension:

13:47:50.702: (graphics-reload)graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (421): Converting
> it to  format.
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (391):
> [CacheItem::Impl::convertToDisplayFormat]
> Attempting to convert image file:
> /home/cfuhrman/Documents/mgl843-notes-de-cours/figures/RFC_class.plantuml
> with displayed filename:
> ~/Documents/mgl843-notes-de-cours/figures/RFC_class.plantuml
> Format.cpp (389): filetools(getFormatFromContents)
> File type not recognised before EOF!
> Format.cpp (396): filetools(getFormatFromContents)
> Couldn't find a known format!
> Format.cpp (507): will guess format from file extension: plantuml ->
> PlantUML
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (398):
> The file contains PlantUML format data.
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (347): Unable to convert from PlantUML to
> bmp
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (347): Unable to convert from PlantUML to
> gif
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (347): Unable to convert from PlantUML to
> jpg
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (347): Unable to convert from PlantUML to
> pbm
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (347): Unable to convert from PlantUML to
> pgm
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (410): No conversion needed (file in file
> cache)!
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (301): Loading image.
> graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (307): Image loading succeeded.

Is this a bug or a feature? How can I force LyX not to try to be smart
about the file content? This problem didn't happen on Windows 10 with 2.2.x.

Cheers,

C. Fuhrman